Unfortunately, most woman are familiar with the mental battle that happens before putting on a swimsuit. Does it fit right? Is too much hanging out? Is it “age-appropriate (whatever that means)? Is it going to stay in place all day? Is it going to give me enough coverage that I won’t be pulling an unintentional nip slip?
Our goal is to help you ask the right questions BEFORE purchasing your swimwear and help you answer them, so when impromptu days at the pool happen, you are ready to jump in!
5 Main Factors to Consider When Choosing Swimwear
- Support: A good swimsuit should provide support for the breasts, whether through underwire, molded cups, or other built-in support features. A key here is to find a swimsuit that fits like a good bra.
- Fit: A good swimsuit should fit well and not be too tight or too loose. Make sure to choose the right size, and try the swimsuit on to ensure a good fit.
- Durability: A good swimsuit should be made of high-quality materials that can withstand exposure to chlorine and salt water, and resist fading and stretching.
- Comfort: A good swimsuit should be comfortable to wear and not dig into the skin or cause chafing. It should also be able to move with your body and allow for a full range of motion.
- Style: A good swimsuit should also suit your personal style and make you feel confident and comfortable wearing it.
Each of these look different for everyone. For example if you have a fuller chest, a high support swimsuit is likely going to be important, or if you are really athletic and like to workout in the water, the durability factor is going to be crucial.
Styles of Women’s Swimwear
Women’s swimwear can vary significantly when it comes to style and coverage. Some women prefer swimsuits that are tailored like clothing and have extra fabric to provide additional coverage. There are also women who like to wear bathing suits with minimal material for sunbathing by the pool to prevent tan lines. Neither is better than the other, just make sure that when you are looking at the different styles. you choose one that is realistic for your needs. There are many different types of swimwear for women, we have listed some of the most popular below:
1. One-piece swimsuits: These are a classic and popular choice, featuring a single piece of fabric that covers the torso and legs. They can be found in a variety of styles, such as a traditional one-piece, a monokini (which has cutouts on the sides), or a high-neck or scoop-neck.One of the most popular styles of swimwear for women is the one-piece swimsuit.
2. Bikinis: These are a two-piece swimsuit that typically includes a top and bottom. There are many different styles of bikini tops, such as a triangle top, bandeau top, or halter top. Bikini bottoms can come in a variety of styles such as a full-coverage bottom, a thong, or a Brazilian cut.
3. Tankini: A tankini is a two-piece swimsuit that features a tank top-style top and traditional bikini bottoms. It is a great option for those who want more coverage than a bikini but still want to show off some skin.For those who want a bit more coverage than a bikini but still want to show off some skin, a tankini is a great option.
4. High waisted swimsuits: High-waisted swimsuits have a high-waisted bottom that sits at the natural waistline, providing coverage for the tummy and hips. They can be paired with a variety of top styles, such as a halter top or a bandeau top.High-waisted swimsuits are also a popular choice among women, as they provide coverage for the tummy and hips. They can be paired with High-waisted swimsuits come in a variety of styles, such as a high-waisted bikini bottom or a one-piece with a high-waisted bottom. They are a great option for those who want to hide their tummy and hips while still looking stylish and feeling confident.
5. Rashguards: Another swimwear option that has become increasingly popular in recent years is the rashguard. Rashguards are a type of athletic swimwear that provides sun protection and are often worn for water sports such as surfing and paddleboarding. They typically feature long sleeves and a high collar and are made of quick-drying and moisture-wicking materials.
There is a Swimwear for YOU!
Women’s swimwear has come a long way in recent years, with a wide variety of styles, designs, and materials to choose from. Whether you’re looking for something to wear at the beach, the pool, or for water sports, there is a swimsuit out there for you.
Whether you’re looking for a one-piece, bikini, tankini, high-waisted swimsuit, rashguard or even a swimsuit with built-in UV protection, there’s a swimsuit out there that will suit your needs and personal style. It’s important to consider factors such as comfort, durability, sun protection and style when choosing the perfect swimwear for you.
At the end of the day, swimwear is not just for people with specific body types. It is for all of us! All of us who like to enjoy the sunshine while dipping our toes in the pool. It’s just about finding something that you are confident in, and then ROCKING IT!