One of the keys to finding your new favorite bra, is finding one that is the correct size. Use our bra size calculator to make sure you are wearing the right bra size. Now, as you may know, this is much easier said than done. Over the years our bodies change and so do our bra sizes, so do yourself a favor, and spend the extra 5 minutes to measure yourself before you buy your next bra.
Now we have the luxury of being able to buy bras online and we can avoid the awkward encounter of having a stranger measure us with their freezing cold hands, but that doesn’t mean that we should forego the measurement process altogether. However, the perk of suffering through a bra fitting was that you would (hopefully) walk out with a properly fitting bra.
If you are anything like us, you find ordering bras online to be nothing short of a nightmare. Often times ordering 5 bras and when the package arrives, your husband looks at you sideways wondering why it looks like you bought bras for the whole neighborhood. He is quickly met with frustration and a simple, “I’m just hoping ONE fits.” And then of course the other ones have to be returned or they sit in the corner of a room until the return window closes and they end up at Goodwill.
Let us help alleviate this frustration! We have created the ultimate bra size calculator and it is only 3 easy steps!
A Few Tips Before You Get Started with the Bra Size Calculator
- Wear an unpadded bra or no bra at all when measuring your bra size to ensure that you get the most accurate size.
- Using a tailor’s measuring tape to measure is best because it is extremely flexible and easy to maneuver (we like this retractable tape measure)
- Remind yourself that this is just a number and has no correlation to your value as a woman. A certain size breast doesn’t determine your worth. Be honest with yourself in the measuring process so you can find a bra that fits and helps you feel confident.
3 Easy Steps to Getting the Perfect Fit with Our Bra Size Calculator
We have created the ultimate bra size finder. In just 3 simple steps you can calculate your correct bra size and use your newly found bra size as the first step in your bra purchasing journey. While there are a lot of factors that play into finding the perfect bra, sizing is absolutely at the top of that list.
Step 1: Measure Your Band Size.
To measure your band size, use a measuring tape to measure around your ribcage, just beneath your bust. The tape should be snug but not tight. Round to the nearest whole number. If the measurement is an odd number, round to the nearest even whole number.
Step 2: Measure Your Bust Size
The next step in the bra size calculator is to measure your bust size, use a measuring tape to measure around the fullest part of your bust. Make sure the tape is level and not too tight. Round to the nearest whole number.
Step 3: Calculate Your Cup Size
Subtract your band size from your bust size. The difference will determine your cup size. For example, if your band size was 40 inches and your bust size was 46, you would subtract 40 from 46 (46-40=6) and see that the difference is 6 inches. Using the chart below, you can see that a difference of 6 inches is an E(DD) cup size.
Putting it All Together
Once you have calculated your band, bust, and cup size, using the bra size calculator measurement guide, use the bra size chart provided below to find your perfect bra size!
The Importance of Finding Your Perfect Bra Size
In the world of lingerie, finding the perfect bra size can be a daunting task, but it’s essential for comfort, support, and confidence. With a variety of tools like a bra size finder, a bra conversion calculator, and methods to measure bra size, women can now determine their accurate size with ease. This comprehensive guide aims to simplify this process using various tools including how to measure bra size calculator, plus size bra calculator, and real bra size calculator, ensuring a perfect fit for everyone.
Understanding the Basics
Before diving into the specifics, it’s crucial to understand the basics of bra sizing. Bra sizes are composed of a number and a letter, such as 34C. The number represents the band size, which is the measurement around your torso, right under the bust. The letter indicates the cup size, which is the difference in measurement between the band and the fullest part of the breasts.
Tools for Accurate Measurement
- Soft Measuring Tape: The most essential tool for measuring your bra size is a soft measuring tape. This flexible tape allows for accurate measurement of both your band and bust size.
- Bra Size Finder and Calculators: Online tools like ‘how to get bra size calculator’ or ‘real bra size calculator’ are excellent for providing a quick and straightforward way to determine your size. These tools typically ask for two measurements – underbust and bust size – and calculate your bra size instantly.
- Plus Size Bra Calculator: For fuller figures, a plus size bra calculator is specifically designed to provide more accurate sizing, taking into consideration the unique needs of larger busts.
- Bra Conversion Calculator: Since bra sizing can vary between countries, a bra conversion calculator is handy for converting your size into different international sizing standards.
Addressing Common Issues
- Too Small a Cup: If your breast tissue spills out of the cup, it’s a sign that the cup is too small. This not only affects comfort but also the bra’s support and appearance.
- Accurate Measurement: Remember, accurate measurement is key. Even a slight difference can lead to an incorrect size. Always measure twice to be sure.
I Found My Perfect Bra Size, Now What?!
Using the BraSpace bra size calculator,to find the perfect bra size can significantly improve your daily comfort and confidence. By using a soft measuring tape, various online calculators, and understanding cup sizes, you can ensure that your bra fits perfectly, supports your breast tissue adequately, and feels comfortable throughout the day. Remember, your body changes over time, so it’s a good idea to measure your bra size periodically.
Measure Your Band Size: Wrap the soft measuring tape around your ribcage, right under your bust. Make sure the tape is snug and horizontal to the ground. This measurement is your band size.
Measure Your Bust Size: Place the tape measure at the fullest part of your breast to measure the bust size. Ensure the tape is not too tight and is straight across your back.
Calculate Cup Size: The difference in inches between the band and bust measurement determines the cup size. Each inch represents one cup size. For instance, a 1-inch difference is an A cup, a 2-inch difference is a B cup, and so on.
As your body changes, it can be helpful to come back to remeasure using the bra size calculator as well as looking into sister sizes to get a more exact fit.
It’s also important to note that different brands may have slightly different sizing, so it’s a good idea to try on a few different brands to find the best fit.
Now that you’ve used the bra size calculator to find your perfect bra size, let us help you find your new favorite type of bra! We have recommendations for everything from underwire bras to sports bras and even nursing bras!