At times panties can be a headache, while at other times it can be your secret weapon of confidence throughout the day. We want to help you choose panties that truly meet your individualized needs and make you want to smile, NOT ones that give you a constant wedgie. Let’s get started on the process of simplifying buying panties.
Characteristics of Panties to Consider
Underwear comes in a variety of styles, materials, and sizes to suit different needs and preferences. When asking yourself which are best for you, here are some things we consider keeping in mind!
- Styles: There are many different styles of panties to choose from, including thongs, briefs, hipsters, boyshorts, and high-waisted. Thongs have a narrow strip of fabric at the back, while briefs have full coverage at the back. Hipsters are a mid-rise option that sits lower on the waist than briefs but higher than boyshorts. Boyshorts have a more masculine cut, while high-waisted options sit higher on the waist and offer more coverage.
- Materials: Panties can be made from a variety of materials, including cotton, silk, lace, and microfiber. Cotton is a popular choice for its breathability and comfort, while silk and lace are often chosen for their luxurious feel. Microfiber is a synthetic material that is stretchy and quick-drying.
- Sizes: Panties come in a range of sizes to fit different body types. They are typically labeled with waist and hip measurements, and it’s important to choose a size that fits snugly without being too tight. It’s also worth noting that different brands may have slightly different sizing, so it’s a good idea to try on a few different brands to find the best fit.
- Comfort: Comfort is an important factor to consider when buying panties. Look for options made from breathable materials, such as cotton, and avoid those with rough edges or seams that may cause irritation. It’s also worth trying on different styles to find the one that feels most comfortable to wear.
- Hygiene: Panties are worn close to the body, which makes them susceptible to bacteria and odors. It’s important to choose panties made from materials that will wick away moisture and help keep the area dry. It’s also important to wash your panties regularly and replace them when they become worn or stretched out.
- Durability: Durability is also an important consideration when buying panties. Look for options made from high-quality materials that will hold up well in the wash and over time. Avoid buying cheap, disposable options that will wear out quickly.
- Design: Panties come in a wide variety of designs and patterns, from solid colors to prints and embroidery. Some designs are intended for specific occasions, such as bridal or lingerie panties, while others are everyday wear.
Styles of Panties
When it comes to choosing the right style of panties, there are many options to consider. Each style has its own unique features and benefits, so it’s important to understand the differences between them.
- Thongs: Thongs are a popular choice for women who want minimal coverage at the back. They have a narrow strip of fabric that sits between the buttocks and are designed to prevent visible panty lines. Thongs are a great option for tight-fitting clothing or for avoiding panty lines under sheer or form-fitting clothing. They are also a good option for women who experience irritation or chafing with full coverage options.
- Briefs: Briefs offer full coverage at the back and are the most traditional style of panty. They sit high on the waist and provide good coverage for the lower tummy and hips. They are a great option for everyday wear and can be worn with a variety of clothing styles. They are also a good option for women who experience incontinence or need additional support for the lower tummy.
- Hipsters: Hipsters are a mid-rise option that sit lower on the waist than briefs but higher than boyshorts. They provide coverage for the lower tummy and hips and are a great option for women who want more coverage than a thong but less than a brief. They are also a good option for women who experience chafing or irritation with full coverage options.
- Boyshorts: Boyshorts have a more masculine cut, and cover the buttocks more than thongs or briefs. They are designed to provide more coverage for the hips and are a good option for women who want a more coverage option. They can be worn with a variety of clothing styles, and are good for women who want to avoid panty lines.
- High-waisted: High-waisted options sit higher on the waist and offer more coverage than other styles. They provide additional support for the lower tummy and can be worn with a variety of clothing styles. They are a good option for women who want to avoid panty lines, or who want more coverage for their tummy area.
It’s important to note that each style of panties has its own unique features and benefits, and what works best for one person may not work for another. It’s a good idea to try on a few different styles to find the one that feels most comfortable and offers the best fit. Additionally, it is important to consider your body shape and the type of clothing you plan on wearing when choosing a style of panty.
While every woman doesn’t have the same needs from their underwear, every woman does deserve to have comfortable underwear that makes them feel good in their own skin! And of course a bra that matches!